The Invitation


I'm thankful for God's wooing, His calling, His inviting. He continually calls us back to Himself and what is most important.

I was blessed on Monday by Jer. 23:18, 22, NIV.  The context is talking about false prophets, people who are claiming to speak for God. The Lord says,

18 But which of them has stood in the council of the LORD to see or to hear his word? Who has listened and heard his word? ...
22 But if they had stood in my council, they would have proclaimed my words to my people and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds.

The invitation to me these days is to stand in the council of the Lord, to spend more time in His presence. The things I do and have to share with others must flow from Him, from being in His council, hearing His direction. And then, maybe my words and actions will really have impact in the lives of those around me.  It's not easy. I'm so distracted. There are so many things that are hard all swimming around in my head. More than anything I need to pour them out before Him and get His perspective, but pouring it out is not easy either.

I'm so thankful for a patient and loving God, who promises to continually lead and guide. He promises. I'm counting on it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails