Hope for even me!

Some became fools because of their rebellious ways 
and suffered affliction because of their iniquities...
then they cried to the LORD in their trouble 
and He saved them from their distress.
                                Ps. 107:17,19 TNIV

Today, coming before God, was a little difficult. Not sure what happened again last night, but I didn't sleep until 5 a.m.  Well, I partly know what happened...I was thinking again. Again...same old issue, same old stuff I'm trying to figure out how to resolve, how to go forward with someone else. I'm still in the process of sorting it out. It wasn't like I was really agitated, just couldn't sleep, so then went on with writing the text and email I thought I should write (did not send it all yet though...needs time, and a review). 

But it was discouraging.
After a week of going to bed on time 5 days last week... 
After getting up and to the riverfront park near our office to pray with a colleaugue for a half hour before work 4 days this past week... 
After knowing more "abiding" or "remaining" (John 15) in Him this week...  After waking up Sunday with ready praise and easily giving thanks (most mornings I have to struggle to get there)...
After all that, it was discouraging to wake up again groggy, and frustrated, and wondering what went wrong, and what on earth should be said or not be said in this relationship.

Then I listened to a couple of Psalms, and one verse in Psalm 107 caught my ear and gave me hope.  You know the passage?  "Some people..." wandered in the desert, or were on the high seas, or...were facing such and such a trouble, and nearly died, or were nearly finished. Then they cried out to the LORD for help, and He heard them, and over and over again the NLT says, "He saved them from their distress."

Then came verses 17-21
Some became fools because of their rebellious ways 
and suffered affliction because of their iniquities...
then they cried to the LORD in their trouble 
and He saved them from their distress.
 He sent out His word and healed them, He rescued them from the grave. 
Let them give thanks to the LORD for His unfailing love 
and his wonderful deeds for humankind...

And I realized...there is hope for even me today! Even if and when my troubles arise from some of my own foolishness, not knowing how to lay things down, struggling to get past an angry heart.


LORD, help! I so need you. I am so lost in this situation. I do not know how to see it. I do not know where to get advice. Everything I try doesn't seem to work. Moments of clarity are few and far between. I do not know what is wrong with my heart or wrong with the relationship, or how to lay it down or go forward. LORD help. Please heal. Please rescue. 
Thank You that You hear. Thank You for Your unfailing love, for even me!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

And hope for me, too, today! What a God we have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails