More Like This One

Today, was a good day at work.

I want more days like this one.

I want every day to be like this one. 

It was long...very long. Yesterday was long too, and tomorrow will be. But it was good. There was good cooperation. One of the projects we've been working on, that has been so hard, today went well. We've been trying to find elusive solutions and creating processes that will simplify, but the path is not clear, and the final solution isn't even that straight forward. It can be so frustrating. I feel I've tried to communicate clearly, but somehow we have not been on the same page. And then frustrating for a staff member--work their butt of to produce what they think is needed, only to hear, "okay, now can you take it and do..."

But today was good. There was an awareness of potential pitfalls, and working together through them. There were gentle reminders. "It's lunch time, yeah, take a break. We've still got a long day ahead, with lots of complicated parts that are going to need us to be really alert, and rise above emotional reactions." "Okay, this part--it is going to be complicated. There will be errors, and we don't quite know the best way to work it, but that's part of it."

And today--things that could have been frustrations, and irritations with each other, were light, and amusing instead. It started with my a.m. text message--"I'll be at the office at 9:40-45. I want to have a quick meeting then and plan the day." Just 2 minutes before leaving the house I thought it was strange that a staff member texted back--"so, what about that other meeting?" What? I thought. Just wait a few minutes...I'll be right there and we'll talk about it.  At 8:45 I was there, just as I had said..."Come on guys...our meeting." The first person came in, "Your text said 9..." Yeah...I had meant to say 8:40-45...but it was all flex today. We were able to enjoy each other and laugh about our mistakes, and easily point out and laugh (in the best way possible) about those of others too.

I want every day at work to be like this one. I'm going to need to work hard to make it happen. Mostly, I'm going to need to keep coming before my Father each day--submitting all my worries and stresses, asking for grace, being so aware of the pressure I can give to others.

Thank You, Lord. I think I am learning. Most of all I am learning of my incredible need for You, and I am willing that when I pray and ask, You do lead and answer. I prayed yesterday knowing...I'm feeling the time crunch, and frustration at not knowing how things will get done. It will be easy for me to speak out of that, and for others then to think I'm mad at them. Lord, help me be aware, and not do that...

Today, was a good day at work.

I want more days like this one.

I want every day to be like this one. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails