Stripping and Building

Stripping down
Throwing away
Breaking through
The junk and clutter

Things have accumulated
In all parts of my world
Physical--paper clutter, piles, old electronics
Mental--questions, wonderings
Emotional--confusing relationships and obligations
Virtual--too many connections, options, places to run
More than I can even identify

I'm stripping down
Clarifying
Closing down
Cleaning out
Throwing away

A lightness comes
A hope
A sense of living in the present

It's not done
I must continue
For there is much to be cleared away
And if I don't continue
The piles will return
To clutter
And drag down again

But as I strip away
I'm also aware of barrenness, emptiness
There are areas needing
Support, repair, or brand new additions
There is need to build
Physical--awnings for the cages, air con repairs, shelves
Mental--a plan, order
Emotional--strengthen life-giving relationships
Virtual--more intentionality

There was need to build before this stripping
And even more after
For what will fill the emptiness?

I've wasted too much time bogged down
How can I strip down and build up
For a life that will go the distance
Accomplishing the task
Faithfully running the race
Lighter
With more joy


Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, 
let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, 
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  
looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, 
who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, 
despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, 
so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.  
--Heb. 12:1-3
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails