How am I held...


 I took you from the ends of the earth, 
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'you are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa. 41:9-10

He holds us. He is holding me. Discussing this with a friend, praying together, we talked about "being held" by God, and I realized she was talking about a specific way of being held, and I asked, "Held, how?" She described. It wasn't quite what I had been picturing, but it was good too...which got me thinking... There are so many ways to be held. There are so many ways I have been held. And I started imagining, and looking for pictures. Take a look, imagine...how have you been "held" by God? Does anything particularly resonate? There are more possibilities than what I was able to find. I also thought of a song...there are a couple out there with this idea. I've included Casting Crowns' Just Be Held.









 

 




 

 


 


 


 

 


 


 


 


 

 


 

 


 


 




See also Held and Picture This

Images sources
http://birgitwhelan.com/2007/11/23/held-by-jesus/
http://www.goodsalt.com/search/jesus_holding.html?PageNum=3

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails