Needed this today

Someone (thanks M.A.!) posted this from the sermon that they heard at my home church today. Glad they did, because I needed the reminder.
 
How much of your faith journey is centered around 
the question, "Am I good enough?"

Jesus is inviting us into his rest.

"You did not choose me, but I chose you
and appointed you that you should go
and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide." Jn 15:16

Oh, thank You Jesus! And...sorry! I spend too much time frustrated, discouraged, because I haven't figured it all out yet, because the service isn't perfect, so much is not yet "together." I see the lack and the failure of my life. And all this is true, and yet You chose me, You call me to simply receive Your life, answer the call, and abide in You. Today, once again I come. I receive Your call, Your invitation. I thank You for choosing me, for equipping me, I look to You, and rise to do what is before me. And I trust that it will be enough!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails