Dreams

Dreams
All these dreams
So many over the years

Were they dreams
Like day-dreaming dreams
Time wasted
Pie-in-the-sky

Sometimes
I thought they were
Vision
Your dreams
Something that could be
That would be
But it hasn't turned out that way

Maybe they were hopes
Hopes I still hold
For a people
For people
For families
For an abundant life
That includes
Soul and spirit
Family life
Health
Education
Agriculture
Economics
Recreation

And if they are hopes
They can still be prayers
Prayers offered to You
For a people
It doesn't matter how it comes about

Forgive me Lord
I've gotten discouraged
When the dreams
Don't become
A reality
I can see
I forgot
They can still be prayers

Teach me to hold
These dreams
And lift up
Prayers
For a people
People You loved
Long before I knew them
To lift up prayers
And do my little part
That You might fulfill
Your dreams
For this people


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails