Is it okay...?

Is it okay to just be distant?
Is it okay to not care?
To choose to not care?

yes, what I mean is
deliberately
numb self
walk away
because caring
   hurts
   breeds disappointment

Sometimes, it seems, a heart really needs to just learn
some lessons regarding relationships with some people

Choosing "numb" 
Seems to be taking it too far
But "distancing" may be good


God of me
Jesus!
Show me how to see from YOUR perspective

Okay, yes, show me where I'm wrong in this too
 

And, for where they are wrong
May I see from Your perspective
Probable NOT
   not caring
   numb
but with compassion
but possibly still distance
Not letting self get so entangled
Letting others take responsibility for their choices
If I need to be connected
   Clear boundaries
   Make sure agreements are all clear

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails