I'm counting on it!


Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you.
ps. 9:10 NLT

This is one of the verses I have landed on and clung to again and again throughout the years. There are a few of them in the Psalms. Psalm 25:3 says, "No one whose hope is in You will ever be put to shame" (NIV). When struggling, when nearing despair, when wondering where the answers might be, when overwhelmed by the challenges, I've often come back to this verse and cried out to God--You said it...I'm relying on it.

I'm there again today
I don't know what to do
what direction to turn
A breakthrough is desparately needed
One I've been looking for for a long time

And so I turn to You God
I turn to You, again, still
I put my hope in You
in Your love
in Your goodness
and choose to believe that
in turning to You
I will not be put to shame
I will not be abandoned

(Psalm 9 is the reading for this week at 2 Years of Psalms, I jumped on this verse and grabbed it!)  



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails