He meets us where we are

In the past my biggest morning struggle was to get past the worry, to trust.
Now, it's to get past all the hurts and disappointments, to hope.

Thank you LORD, in the struggle today, what I needed to hear came in a subscribed email, "why it’s worth it to keep on hoping…". And then the parts of verses that came to mind in the light of dawn rising, also showed up in the blogs I went to read from there--connected from the first one. It was a rather random clicking...of the many, just choosing a few whose titles seemed good. (I should know by now, it is often how You speak to me through blogs and themes.)

"Even though the fig tree does not bloom...", I thought, and here I read: 

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms;
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields
and the cattle barns are empty ... "

" ... yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
The sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights."
Habakkuk 3:17-19

And I realized I am looking at all the negatives, but there is much good. I remembered, "forget not all His benefits...", and then here I read: 

“Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” Psalm 103:2-4 (NIV)

Thank you LORD. Although I can barely see You, barely reach for You, as I cry out to You, You reach out to me, and in little ways you show you are here, listening, watching over, and confirming. I know what to do today--rejoice in You, in who You are, and remember the things You have done. LORD, I look for that grown of love and compassion. May that be what flows out of me to others today, in spite of the sadness inside.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails