Greetings Friend!

Hi there,
It was good to see you again today.
As you came close
I suddenly realized
How nice it was
And...
    It's been a LONG time

There you were
Feeling light and free
Enjoying people
Enjoying strangers
The elderly lady who was friendly
    Sitting beside her on the bus
Chatting, about 
    life
    the city
    what it's like to be retired
Noticing and enjoying the exuberant little girl
    Walking home from school with her grandmother
A smile for the woman walking her dog
Letting a young man know
    "I also like those little croissants
    ---bought some yesterday."

I saw you there
Just a few glimpses today
I wonder if you'll be coming back
More regularly
Stay for longer
I'd like that
I really would

I wonder what sort of space and time
Is needed for that to happen
Maybe you were never meant
To come back permanently
Maybe...
    You've changed in the absence
Maybe...
    I don't even know what I'm looking for
When I yearn to see the "real you" again

Ah...
The me I want to be
More often
For longer
I wonder what it will take

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails