This chair

today
once again
I'm asked to sit

this chair
this uncomfortable place
not knowing
uncertain
wondering
wishing I could know
how it will end
what will happen

I squirm
wiggle
jump off
lurch
left
right


stop!
grab on
both hands
rigid sit
deep breath
relax

Father
I'm still learning to trust
still learning to sit
calm
in this place
of unknowing
I choose
once again
to trust
Your promises
Your presence


Perhaps someday
this hard chair
this uncomfortable place
will be
the place of
   peace
   joy
   freedom
   like I've never known


The LORD says, 
"I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you."
Ps. 32:8 NLT


Simple 'chair' picture, from December 2012, depicting...the place I need to stay--an end to the running, the place of trust, eventual peace.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails