2019: Nowing

I think I have it, my word for 2019. (Special thanks to Alexander Shaia.*) 

Here's the word: Nowing (say "now-ing")

Staying in the present, living in the present, enjoying the now. 

It's a big year, 2019.

At the end of 2018 I begin and then in 2019 continue to live out my 50th year on the planet. At the end of the year I officially reach that half-century mark, that milestone. (Can I mention how, for several years, I've looked forward to being in my fifties?! 😊) 

And it is a year of transition. I've moved from one side of the planet to the other. I have ended one career, one 'life' (it feels like) and will be transitioning to the next. One year from now, where I'll be living or what I'll be doing--I have no idea! Between now and then, I plan to have a fair bit of both looking back and looking forward. Looking back to process my life--to learn, to grow, to discern. Looking forward--to explore, to plan, to choose. 

It seems it might be helpful, in the midst of all the introspection about the past and possible wondering or anxiety about the future, to somehow find a way to stay grounded in the present. I'll "now," and keep returning to "nowing."

I'm not sure how I'll do it, but this resonates as a good word and idea, a worthwhile pursuit, for me this year.

*Alexander Shaia on “The Robcast” Episode 222: Alexander Shaia on Darkness and Hope


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails