Bound

Wrestling
Balking
Fighting
At this weight
These chains
These ropes
Wrapped
Twisted
Binding
Uselessness

How am I supposed to do this task
With this ropes so wrapped
Can You not first free
Before requiring action

You asked me to do this thing
Why does it feel like, look like
All my efforts are useless

Will I forever feel
So inadequate
So ill-prepared
So ill-fit
For all that I am to do

Echoing in my head
Song lyrics:
   Have you cursed at the wind
   Have you cried to the heavens
   Have you fought with this mercy you don't understand

I don't know if it's "mercy" I don't understand
But I don't understand
And, yes, I'm crying to the heavens
...and fighting
Struggling...

Perhaps the bonds are of my own making
Perhaps they are chains of my own thinking
Perhaps there is something integral
Related to ME
That has to be cut away
Discarded
Before I can be free
(Like Eustace, stuck in the dragon body...)
I await
Your ripping
Tearing
Cutting
Bringing freedom


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails