Starting a Journey

I want to be transformed by Jesus.
I need a deeper awareness of His love for me.
I know that transformation happens by time in His presence, and living from there, and yet I struggle to know how to spend that time.
A year or two ago I noticed a comment in a sermon I've listened to many times--about the exercises of St. Ignatius, how in them there is a great focus on meditating on the love of God.
In Thailand recently, a random comment by someone else at the place I was staying reminded me, and then I found this book: Journey with Jesus: Discovering the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius.

And now it's all coming together. I'm starting the journey.  And actually, I might only do the first three weeks of this one, and then repeat, and then stop for a time.  Not totally sure.  The author says you really should have a spiritual director for this journey.  And, I'd love to have some others take it with me.  Praying about all of that.

But I am starting now anyways. Starting and doing even partially--starting to get into the habit and pattern of the exercises, and especially the asking for a certain 'grace' and then examen at noon and night--this will be beneficial.

So I'm starting a journey. The first three weeks--focussing on the love of God, really deep down coming to know and believe He does. (I know He does, but there is a part of me that doesn't, and needs to know.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails